please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 23588|Reply: 26

Smart Home system (monitoring and conditions measuring)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-22 03:47:53 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by protazjusz at 2017-1-27 14:35

Hi,

I'm planning to create a smart home system from scratch (for conditions measuring and monitoring) with the board from Orange Pi family on the top of Armbian OS.I was looking for such system available for Orange Pi boards, but I couldn't find anything, that could meet my needs.

The main requirements, that I currently want to meet:

• The device works 24h a day and collects data from the sensors listed below:
    • MQ-2 (smoke, methane, flammable gas detection sensor),
    • MQ-5 (LPG gas, city gas detection sensor),
    • MQ-7 (carbon monoxide gas detection sensor),
    • BMP280 (barometric pressure altitude sensor),
    • DHT11 (temperature and relative humidity sensor),
    • and more, if there would be a need.
  • Data can be collected real-time, but also should be stored in the history (at least for a month).
  • Real-time data can be retrieved via Bluetooth LE (by using HM-10 module, supporting BT 4.0 LE) or via web browser (basic information dashboard).
  • Historical data can be retrieved via web browser, by using one of dedicated trending reports (with graphs) for the selected period of time.

The project will be using some software available from Armbian's repository (HTTP server, database server), and some custom scripts, used to retrieve data from sensors and make them available via Bluetooth or stored in the DB.
With this project a basic tutorial / quick guide will also be available for these users, who will want to create such smart home system on their Orange Pi devices.

Have a nice day,
Protazjusz

Single choicepoll, A total of people voted View voting participants
100.00% (16)
0.00% (0)
Your usergroup does not have voting rights

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-1-31 02:53:32 | Show all floors
I'm working on the same project.
I have a home automation system based on Souliss. For the connection with a Iphone, I need an additional server to run openhab2.
The Souliss home automation system is ready and working. Now I'm working on the openhab2 server. I try to do this with the new Orangepi PC2 board

Use magic report

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-1-31 03:19:31 | Show all floors
IMHO a good idea, which is unfortunately out due to the warranty politic of Xunlong
Steve still has not replied to how long they give a warranty. His only answer in the chat on aliexpress was "what warranty"...
However you have my vote ;)
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-2-8 14:42:49 | Show all floors
Tina, what do you mean, that this idea "is unfortunately out due to the warranty politic of Xunlong"?
I don't get it, why connecting some sensors to the board and using them while the OS installed on the board is on could have any inpact on the warranty?  

Use magic report

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-6-15 17:15:35 | Show all floors
A smart home system revolutionizes the way we interact with our living spaces, integrating technology to enhance convenience, comfort, and energy efficiency. By seamlessly connecting various devices and appliances, such as lighting, heating, security systems, and entertainment systems, homeowners can effortlessly control and automate their homes. With the ability to remotely access and monitor their smart homes through smartphones or voice commands, individuals can ensure safety, optimize energy consumption, and create personalized environments tailored to their preferences. For a comprehensive range of smart home solutions, including state-of-the-art aluminum profiles for modern housing designs, go to https://www.goldapple-alu.com/aluminum-profile.html to check the best aluminum profiles available on the market.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-9-18 04:35:50 | Show all floors
I've been using this online service for collecting data from meters through LoRaWAN technology, and I must say it's been a game-changer for us. The ease of use and reliability of the platform https://jooby.eu/   have impressed me. Everything just works seamlessly, and I no longer have to worry about manual data collection. It's been a time-saver and has improved the efficiency of our operations.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2023-10-5 03:13:52 | Show all floors
Look no farther than Triodoors https://triodoors.ca/ if you're looking for premium interior doors that blend beauty, robustness, and practicality. Triodoors is your entrance to enhance the design and functionality of your living spaces with a wide variety of internal door options. Triodoors provides customized solutions to meet your specific needs, whether you're renovating your home or working on a new project. Triodoors stands out for their dedication to both innovation and workmanship. You can rely on their doors' superior construction to last the test of time and enhance your interior decor. You may alter your living spaces with doors that are both attractive and useful by visiting the Triodoors website to view their comprehensive range.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2024-3-1 21:32:13 | Show all floors
Without a doubt, INKAS® Safes’ https://inkassafes.com/contact-us/ new direct-to-consumer model is a game-changer in the security world. They have managed to create a top-quality safe and have even pressured the big industry incumbents without sacrificing competitive pricing or streamlined delivery! I’ve watched my safe shipped directly to my doorstep from their strategically located warehouses, which eliminates months of waiting, and their customer service is available 24/7 to help answer any questions or concerns. I have nothing but peace of mind when it comes to the security of my valuables and the efficiency of INKAS® Safes’ service.

Use magic report

Published in 2024-3-15 17:32:56 | Show all floors
Rapidly this website may irrefutably end up being well-known amongst just about all running a blog individuals, because of its persistent content articles or even evaluations.        Topcer88

Use magic report

Published in 2024-3-16 17:51:29 | Show all floors
That's why it is best that you relevant researching previously penning. You're able to construct more desirable put up this way.        Topcer88

Use magic report

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list