Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 8041|Reply: 4

Smart Home system (monitoring and conditions measuring)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2017-1-22 03:47:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by protazjusz at 2017-1-27 14:35

Hi,

I'm planning to create a smart home system from scratch (for conditions measuring and monitoring) with the board from Orange Pi family on the top of Armbian OS.I was looking for such system available for Orange Pi boards, but I couldn't find anything, that could meet my needs.

The main requirements, that I currently want to meet:

• The device works 24h a day and collects data from the sensors listed below:
    • MQ-2 (smoke, methane, flammable gas detection sensor),
    • MQ-5 (LPG gas, city gas detection sensor),
    • MQ-7 (carbon monoxide gas detection sensor),
    • BMP280 (barometric pressure altitude sensor),
    • DHT11 (temperature and relative humidity sensor),
    • and more, if there would be a need.
  • Data can be collected real-time, but also should be stored in the history (at least for a month).
  • Real-time data can be retrieved via Bluetooth LE (by using HM-10 module, supporting BT 4.0 LE) or via web browser (basic information dashboard).
  • Historical data can be retrieved via web browser, by using one of dedicated trending reports (with graphs) for the selected period of time.

The project will be using some software available from Armbian's repository (HTTP server, database server), and some custom scripts, used to retrieve data from sensors and make them available via Bluetooth or stored in the DB.
With this project a basic tutorial / quick guide will also be available for these users, who will want to create such smart home system on their Orange Pi devices.

Have a nice day,
Protazjusz

Single Polls, Total 16 Users voted View Voters
100.00% (16)
0.00% (0)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Threads

Credits

Registered member

Credits
Post time 2017-1-31 02:53:32 | Show all posts
I'm working on the same project.
I have a home automation system based on Souliss. For the connection with a Iphone, I need an additional server to run openhab2.
The Souliss home automation system is ready and working. Now I'm working on the openhab2 server. I try to do this with the new Orangepi PC2 board

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum patriarch

Credits
Post time 2017-1-31 03:19:31 | Show all posts
IMHO a good idea, which is unfortunately out due to the warranty politic of Xunlong
Steve still has not replied to how long they give a warranty. His only answer in the chat on aliexpress was "what warranty"...
However you have my vote ;)
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-2-8 14:42:49 | Show all posts
Tina, what do you mean, that this idea "is unfortunately out due to the warranty politic of Xunlong"?
I don't get it, why connecting some sensors to the board and using them while the OS installed on the board is on could have any inpact on the warranty?  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 2021-11-30 13:43:31 | Show all posts
Information security and privacy are issues for all IoT applications. This is a very important technology in a person's life, but not everything is so smooth. Technology https://www.sam-solutions.com/blog/iot-gateway/ often used on highways and in smart homes.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2022-1-18 10:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.035377 second(s), 24 queries .