please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 4513|Reply: 5

Anything possible to lower the shipping costs?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-7-17 01:20:57 | Show all floors |Read mode
I frequently buy from AliExpress and one a month from Xulong . Xunlong is the only store I see which doubles, triples the shipping costs when you buy multiple items. And the base cost is also very high in comparison.

Let's see what happens when I want to but OPi zero cases and expansion boards..
1 OPi Zero case $1.99, shipping $3.48 (%175 more than the item price)
1 OPi zero expansion board $1.99, shipping again $3.48

Let's say I want to buy 2 cases and 2 expansion boards.
Item value: $7.96
Shipping: $9.64 (it says "you save $1.34" - this is %12.2)

In all other stores additional items does only add a couple of cents to the shipping - if any. Yesterday I bought a $31+ batch of more than 30 small items all with paid shipping of $1-$1.5 each and the total was only $4.02...

I fail to understand the deal here... I think everyone will appreciate if you can make a deal with AliExpress or any other shipping company to remedy this situation.

OPi's: 3 Zero, 4 One, 1 Plus, 1 PC2, 1 cam
OPi on transit: 1 One, 1 2G-IOT, 1 2G IOT Touch LCD
3 RPi 3, 1 RPi 2, 3 RPi cam

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-7-17 02:49:52 | Show all floors
Hi man,
i opened a similar post time ago for the same question.
The only possible answer is...xulong is not a serious company.
And with this policy is not important how good products may be, they are killing themself.
It's really funny to see how they make new products, without any software support, and sell for few money...but with lot of shipment cost
Good luck with this Titanic company
Cheers
OrangePi A20, with Qbee-X_testing

Still waiting for refund/replacement of no working op+2e bought on 11/11 >_<...really serious company

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-17 19:36:07 | Show all floors
I understand what you mean...

On the other hand I'm a (never-ending) learner and these much cheap(er) Pi alternatives give this opportunity. Having Armbian and these boards, you get many problems, seek solutions and this increases my knowledge about Arm, Linux etc...

I just want all possible boards, gizmos in my hands to evaluate and create solutions. But the "additive shipping costs" bug me for smaller items...

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-7-17 20:23:14 | Show all floors
It's simple. What you see as coast of products is not real coast, it's only advertising. Real coast is splitted between what you see as coast and shipping fee. As you can see, Xunlong uses different price for shipping, for different products, while shipping service is the same. This trick is usually used from sellers to pop-up their products at the top of searching results, splitting the real price. Others like Xunlong use it to imitate lower price, than real. Other companies do the same, Pine for example is advertising their new board as 25$ raspberry competitor (deja-vu, too many balloon raspberry-pi fighters around), but shipping coast is 30$ for regular post service. So the real price of this raspberry-pi "killer" is 55$ at least. If we take Xunlong Orange Pi One for example - 10$ price, 3.6$ shipping = 13.6$ real price, but still cheap enough to be some raspberry competition, while other Chinese companies are a lot more greedy. What is the real shipping coast, i don't know, but lower for sure and the same for all small packages.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-17 23:02:31 | Show all floors
I see... This is a problem !

threads

credits

Novice

credits