Author: sevillano

New orange pi models?

[Copy link]
Published in 2015-5-31 05:56:32 | Show all floors
The next release will have google play,kodi,YouTube, more apps. Not Chinese version.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-5-31 16:43:02 | Show all floors
Edited by OrangePiLinux at 2015-5-31 18:47

AWESOME. Thank you Steven--I waited for so long for this moment.
Please Steven--can it  also have normal launcher--Like I think standard which is called Google Now I think? Just standard launcher--so like on desktop will be possible to have icons.

English Language should be Default in build.

I was also thinking--is it better if Kernel will run in 720P mode and then upscale to 1080P or 1080P originally mode? Or maybe in future is good to have two versions 720P and 1080P?
Also Gaara had in his custom build 4K in resolution options--I know that it is Upscale 4K--but still--do you think is good to have 4K in Video-options?

Also is good to have possibility in Android to Unmount USB-Flash drive--because sometimes we connect USB flash drives to Android devices--in order to watch videos or copy files--but then we have to unplug it--there are no options in Android to do this--like some Android Systems have possibility to Unmount USB pen drive either through Notification Area message or through Settings. So we should check if such possibility is present in our build of Android.

I think that list of Apps should be standard--like not too many APPs preinstalled and at same time to give Basic ammount of Apps to the end user:

1. GooglePlay;
2. Kodi;
3. YouTube;
4.Gmail;
5.Standard VideoPlayer with possibility to play 1080P/H265;
6.Standard Google Web-Browser;
7.Calculator;
8.Calendar;
9.Camera;
10.Clock;
11.Docs;
12.Downloads;
13.Drive;
14.Es File Explorer;
15.ES Task Manager;
16.Flash Player Settings;
17.Google Now;
18.Google Settings;
19.Hangout;
20.Keep;
21.Kingston Office;(Or Polaris Office);
22.Maps;
23.MX Player;
24.People;
25.Play Books;
26.Play Music;
27.Play Store;
28.Settings;
29.Sound Recorder;
30.Superuser;
31.Translate;
32.4K Video Player;
33.Voice Search.

Wrote list of apps which usually appear in any Tablet and are standard--like this list has minimum and basic list of APPs. And also those Apps are completely safe--like sometimes you scan apps with Antivirus and Antivirus says like for example this app can compromise security and privacy issues.

But with list which I wrote--All is ok--like all those apps basically standard and trusty 1000%.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-6-1 16:53:44 | Show all floors
I don't see much point in including in the image the applications which you can install from Google Play.
You only get bigger image to download, and you have to remove apps you don't need.
Isn't it better to include only basic system apps and GooglePlay. I suppose nobody is using Android without Internet connection.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-6-1 19:52:36 | Show all floors
WEll, I agree to some extent, but at same time All those APPs which are in list-like --they are like basic apps and present in every build of Android. Like there is almost no apps which are additional. You can look in every tablet or android box and you will find those apps after you do in Android Factory REstore.
So, it is up to you  guys--but they are basic.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-6-26 15:12:23 | Show all floors
I look forward when the parcel post with my OPi 2 will come
Orange PI 2
www.orangepi.pp.ua

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2015-6-26 17:02:46 | Show all floors
loboris replied at 2015-6-1 16:53
I don't see much point in including in the image the applications which you can install from Google  ...

I agree with you. The list in the post
http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... 0&fromuid=16899
is too huge. And it is not true that
"they are like basic apps and present in every build of Android."
I will add only some of them. For sure, the first app to include is the Google Play

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-1 02:03:45 | Show all floors
After Google deleted contacts from my phone(worse than the usual pirating your data that you hear about them doing), I no longer trust them for anything.

If you're going to use Google, add as many apps as you can, deleting/disabling can be done without having to go through Google to do so. (adding means having to sign up for a Google account, etc...)

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-7-2 15:42:58 | Show all floors
Edited by loboris at 2015-7-2 15:46
BryanFRitt replied at 2015-7-1 02:03
After Google deleted contacts from my phone(worse than the usual pirating your data that you hear ab ...
adding means having to sign up for a Google account, etc...

Not really, you can use alternatives ...
Or you can sign up to new account, download all apps you need, then sign out and forget about account you've just created ...

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-7-2 23:56:44 | Show all floors
Or you can sign up to new account, download all apps you need, then sign out and forget about account you've just created ...

They delete contacts whenever you sign out, even if you only made them on your phone for your phone. Google claims them as their own not yours, so if you don't want to share any more contacts with them, they won't let you use the contacts that you've given them.
(Note: I don't feel like testing this out with my contacts. You can back up contacts to an SD card if you have a phone with an SD card slot and and an SD card. Phone Icon -> Three vertically aligned dots on the bottom right -> Import/export ->Export to starage ... Don't know how to back up if you don't have an SD card, etc...)

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-9-14 00:50:31 | Show all floors
Edited by alexbel336 at 2015-9-14 00:56
OrangePiLinux replied at 2015-5-31 00:55
Well, I do not know if you are aware but Android right now is in beta maybe status. Because it come ...

can´t instal googlePAY???...... search for aptoide.apk. Almost avery app is free or have licenses included.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list