[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-10-9 19:38:31 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi everybody,

I am using the Ubuntu distro on my OPi 2g IoT

How can I configure Modem Manager & Network Manager so that a 2G-PPP connection is required for networking to start the board? What would help:

- 2G PPP connection established to initiate the board in a way that if I don't have it connected it does not initiate.
- Set the Network Manager & Modem Manager to redial and reconnect everytime it drops or fails to initiate.

I am not really experienced with Network Manager and Modem Manager so if you can please leave the step-by-step instruction since the installation till the final configuration itself would be really helpful for all users for sure.

Many thanks!

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2017-10-9 19:49:00 | Show all floors
Can the user manual help you?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-10-9 20:13:50 | Show all floors
Hi! Thanks for the answer

The version 9.9 does have instructions for how to establish a ppp connection. It is great. But this I have already accomplished. What I am having trouble by now is how to automate this connection and set this to be always connected, redial when it drops and so on. I believe it should be done through Network Manager and Modem Manager but I don't have experience with those

Thanks!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-10-23 20:03:07 | Show all floors
Problem solved using a python script that contains the 'os' library to call an external command and runs repeatedly, for example, os.system('sudo wvdial &'). It calls wvdial on terminal.

It can also initiate automatically on the /etc/rc.local file calling the .py file

Further information if needed let me know, thanks!
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list