Orange Pi Lite - Screen/display problem. overgrown oversite image

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-11-4 00:55:54 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,

Please help, the image is coming out of the monitor (I'm throwing a picture to show what's going on) and can not work, can not see what is displayed or what is written, the graphical interface is exactly the same, I tested the lubuntu, rapbian, xfce and now I installed armbian and it is the same all the time.

I add that the image is "truncated" not only on the left, but from all.  So when the cursor is at the bottom of the screen, neither see nor ask what I write.

As you can see the screen calibration does not give you anything!

At the moment the cursor is at the bottom

Thanks for the help in advance

See attachments.

Regards

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-11-4 03:24:34 | Show all floors
What is your monitor native resolution? Did you try to use h3disp utility? Can you check this image: https://dl.armbian.com/orangepil ... _desktop_nightly.7z

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-11-4 04:25:37 | Show all floors
Native resolution is 4K. It's 4K TV set sony.
I will try this version, but as I wrote , the problem is with all the systems I have installed.

Last-minute: I plugged FullHD monitor and its correct.  BUT! I want to use orange pi with other tv set , older one, w/o smart functions, and I'd like to make it smarter ;) you know. So, in general, the problem still exists, because I would like the TV to work properly.

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-11-4 16:33:20 | Show all floors
15megapaskali replied at 2017-11-3 17:25
Native resolution is 4K. It's 4K TV set sony.
I will try this version, but as I wrote , the problem  ...

This looks like a setting in your TV/monitor, not an issue with the OPi. In my personal experience usually computer monitors work out of the box, while TV sets used as monitors (OPi connected via HDMI on a TV) sometimes have this effect, depends on the TV's default setting. What works for me is to change the scan mode of the TV. I don't have my TVs at hand now, but on one LG TV the option you're looking for is named "just scan", I don't recall the term on other brands now. It will usually be somewhere in setttings for that specific HDMI port, like in 16:9, 4:3, etc.

OPi 2. OPi-PC, OPi+2E, OPi-PC2

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-11-5 02:32:13 | Show all floors
Edited by igorpec at 2017-11-4 19:33
I will try this version, but as I wrote , the problem is with all the systems I have installed.

Other systems do not have that, trust me. My 4k monitor is autodetected perfectly fine. Like KY69 ... I also suspect some strange settings within TV.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-11-11 02:04:31 from mobile | Show all floors
thank you for help

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-11-14 20:45:07 | Show all floors

You're welcome, but did it work? It would be nice to confirm if there was a TV setting that solved your problem. And if there was one, the TV make and model and the setting that got it working so that other people searching for the same thing may find a solution or at least a path and do not have to ask for the same thing again.
OPi 2. OPi-PC, OPi+2E, OPi-PC2
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list