View: 5140|Reply: 2

Sharing WIFI connection via ethernet cable

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-12-21 05:38:59 | Show all floors |Read mode
I have got an old pc. WIFI drivers did not work so I got an idea to use my opi one to share the wireless via ethernet. This worked using my laptop, but with pi I cannot do it. The WIFI is super slow if you want to do something on pi for example browsing the internet. I use rtl8192 and armbian if this is important. The main problem is internet connection on pc is detected, but I got timeout while going to a webpage. Is this problem caused by the slow connection from pi or it is something different? What can I do to fix it?

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-12-22 09:57:55 | Show all floors
Please can you explain a bit more in detail the connection you want to achieve: eg Internet->DSL router with WIFI->OPI connected via WIFI.

If you try to connect like the way I wrote above, have you tried another device via WIFI and tested its speed?
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-12-22 13:17:47 | Show all floors
Is this problem caused by the slow connection from pi or it is something different? What can I do to fix it?

Explain - show your network configuration.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list