please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 9347|Reply: 3

any way to have a VNC working with an Orange Pi Zero ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-4-30 22:54:19 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi everybody....

I got a Orange Pi Zero for now two months....  I need it to be a Headless VNC server...

I've tested ALL images... (except Android ones) for Orange Pi Zero. NONE OF THEM can make ANY VNC applications working... I've tried x1vnc (managed to make it work on Debian/Raspbian, but it crashes every 10 secondes), anydesk (can't even launch it after install), RealVNC (install but doesn't launch, doesn't even appear anywhere), Teamviewer (install, launch but doesn't work and for some reason, you can't enter your credits in the settings...), NoMachine (install, launch the settings, but the server can't work, the service can't work... it crashes at start), VNC4server doesn't install, TigerVNC doesn't install... it's the same on Debian, Raspbian, Lubuntu, DietPi, etc...

so, is anyone have an idea to have this Orange Pi Zero to work and be reachable by any kind of VNC (or VNC-like) app from the outside ?

thanks for your help

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-4-30 23:44:10 from mobile | Show all floors
Try this command:sudo apt install vnc4server -y

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-6-17 05:50:05 | Show all floors
ok, vnc4server , I've managed to make it work... in local net.

I'd like to have a distri with cloud VNC included, any idea ?

I've tried several distri from the official sources and some more... but most of them got no desktop (and it's not easy to install one, compared to your usual x86 machine)... and most of the VNC don't work... and IF they work, only in local net... no cloud VNC like real VNC or anydesk...

I've managed to install anydesk (the ARM version, of course) but it seems it can't be launched...

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-6-17 14:50:30 | Show all floors
I'd like to have a distri with cloud VNC included, any idea ?

Armbian with a desktop. XRDP, via standard Windows remote desktop connector works, installable from armbian-config. I use it sometimes.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list