please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
Return to list Post new posts
Author: Johan

Tutorials for the Orange Pi (in English/Dutch)

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-4-25 17:41:55 | Show all floors
zhao_steven replied at 2015-1-7 15:42
OK,my skype is zhaoyifan_steven

Hi Steven,

Can you confirm that the sample has been shipped?

Thanks,

Johan

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-16 19:02:04 | Show all floors
I've been having some problems with booting the Orange Pi board, meaning it was booting (red led on, green led blinking) but after I installed some packages it wouldn't boot anymore after powering it off for an hour or so (red led on, green led on).
When I reflashed the original raspbian image it was booting again. After updating the packages I had the same problem after powering it off for a while. The strange thing is that I did not have the problem when I rebooted the raspbian or when the power was only cut temporarily (a minute or so).

Now after replacing the uSD card it's working properly and I did not see the problem anymore. (I switched the uSD from the OPi with my RPi2, now both are working).

Now that everything is working, I can start playing with it and share my experiences with you.

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-20 04:27:53 | Show all floors
I've been doing some comparisons between the RPi2 and OPi w.r.t. LAN throughput.

I've used iperf and a ftp server (iperf and ftp server were both on the same PC connected to a Gbit switch).

With the RPi2 iperf test showed 94.2 Mbit/s whereas the OPi had 420 Mbit/s (both RPi2 and OPi were clients in this 10 second test, and a regular PC was the server).

Copying a 730 MB file to /dev/null was done in 15s on the OPi and 64s on the RPi2.
Copying a 7.2 GB file to a hard disk connected to usb was done in 8m 50s on the OPi and 12m 36s  on the RPi2.

OPi
100%[====================================>] 7,742,685,184 15.8M/s   in 8m 50s  
RPi2
100%[====================================>] 7,742,685,184 10.2M/s   in 12m 36s

(I can't test with wget from ftp server to SATA just yet, because I do not yet have a power cable for my SATA disk.)

Use magic report

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2015-5-20 15:23:59 | Show all floors
Johan replied at 2015-5-20 04:27
I've been doing some comparisons between the RPi2 and OPi w.r.t. LAN throughput.

I've used iperf an ...

Thank you for the information, Johan. I am waiting for my RPi2 on the mail and will also do tests and comparisons. When you write OPi, are you using an Orange Pi 1 for these tests or an OPiPlus? I didn't expect such a difference even for the OPiPlus, but if it is an OPi1 then the results amaze me even more.

OPi 2. OPi-PC, OPi+2E, OPi-PC2

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-20 16:31:10 | Show all floors
I have an Orange Pi (v1.2), I'm looking forward to the test with SATA, because I believe saving the file to an USB hard disk is limiting the transfer speed.
I'll try saving to uSD card too (but SATA will be much better I think).

I would like to know the results for OPi+ and OPi2 too.
The large file of 7.2GB was taken on purpose to get a more realistic view on large transfers.

The same tests with sftp will also be done (a bit more CPU power is required for that).

Use magic report

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2015-5-20 17:16:10 | Show all floors
Very interesting, so even the OPi 1 is so much faster than the RPi2! Almost makes me regret having bought a RPi2 to compare to the OPi2 I believe I have at least another month to go before I receive my RPi2 (customs...), but as soon as I receive it I will run tests and post the results here. Meanwhile, thank you again for the initiative and for the information, Johan.
OPi 2. OPi-PC, OPi+2E, OPi-PC2

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-5-25 20:45:54 | Show all floors
I've created a site (in Dutch) to share the tests I will do on single board computers like the Orange Pi.
The ftp throughput test results are already shared.
https://goo.gl/vE9gC1

Use magic report

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-3-20 17:15:21 | Show all floors
Hi,
Ik ben Sadegh,uit "Rotterdam",Nederland.Sinds kort bezig met "Orange pi Plus 2 E. Het lijkt me een ontdekking reis ; spannend en soms verbazingwekkend.
Blij dat deze groep bestaat en dat jullie er zijn.

Groeten,
                  Sadegh

Use magic report

Return to list Post new posts
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list