Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 198|Reply: 0

Orange Pi Zero clock/timing

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2019-7-4 14:55:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by fabs.rodriguez at 2019-7-4 15:10

Hi. I've got an Orange Pi Zero, and I have a few questions regarding the clock on it, which I'd appreciate any help with.I am running the latest Armbian Stretch (4.19.y) and have the latest version of Mono installed, running a .Net 4.7.2 console app that I wrote.

In Mono, when I request the time (DateTime.Now in C#) I notice two things:
1. The date/time is correct - barring the time zone error (2 hours here in South Africa).
2. it gives me up to millisecond resolution.

I have three questions regarding this:

1. Since I did not set up the date/time, and I don't have a Real Time Clock installed on the board, I can only assume Armbian automatically grabs the date/time from some time server when it has an internet connection. Is this assumption correct?
2. Is the only purpose of a Real Time Clock to keep the date/time correct, when the board is powered off, and no internet is available? Does it offer any other advatnages, like better timing accuracy or resolution? (I have a Maxim DS1307 RTC that I'm not currently using, but am considering maybe using)
3. What is the accuracy of the Orange Pi Zero's clock? Like I said, when I execute DateTime.Now in C# / Mono, I get up to millisecond resolution. How accurate is this? Is it truly accurate to 1 millisecond?

Thank you

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2019-8-21 08:58 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.023054 second(s), 23 queries .