Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 99|Reply: 4

What driver source for UART1 and UART 2?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2019-12-5 07:01:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I had a look at the datasheet for the Orange Pi Zero and it looks like it supports parity bit. I also want to look at the driver code to see if it can be changed to use CMSPAR. Only problem is that I can't figure out how to find out what driver the H2 SOC uses.

Also, given I am relatively new to linux, how do I go about finding what driver is being used?

Thanks,

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Shhh, everyone is sleeping.  Just the bot computers around here.  *smile*   Seriously though; I'm fairly new to linux and such and haven't spent much time on it all.  But I too have had the question of drivers.  Linux is the wild and though there is plenty of help out there, we are on our own?  I've never known the lone wolf feeling as much as when I became a Linux user.    I've surfed IRC, Forums, YouTube and Google on all nighters looking for the page or video that teaches me what I want to know.  Welcome to Linux where Monsters are created?  I don't know.  But I did google for some information that might be of help to you.    Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux.   

https://opensource.com/article/1 ... device-driver-linux
Thanks  [url=http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/static/image/smiley/default/biggrin.gif]http://ww

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 2019-12-5 20:29:45 | Show all posts
Finally got some SD cards delivered to try out the orange pi zero. Seems that CMSPAR works out of the box with no driver mods required. I have tested on 2 devices that require 9 bit comms (address bit) and it seems to work fine.

Yet to test on an oscilloscope to see if the parity bit is being set correctly, but it works on real devices so I am guessing its fine.

Still interested in hearing how one determines what driver code is used in linux though.

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Thanks Narly999, I'll have a good read of that tomorrow.

I set up a second orange pi today, same device, same image, same setup I thought. Same application, but alas the parity bit is not working. Not sure what I did different.

Its frustrating, but I am learning fast.

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
 Author| Post time 6 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Then you realise you have RX and TX swapped, and the OS and software are working fine.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2019-12-15 19:09 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.029043 second(s), 23 queries .