View: 8464|Reply: 4

5V tolerant pins?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-10-31 09:09:47 | Show all floors |Read mode
i want to use the uart with an external rs-485 transciever. but my transcievers are 5v supplied, does anyone know if this will damage the orange pi 2?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-10-31 15:56:47 | Show all floors
UART's on H3 are 16550 compatible and can operates in 16550/16450 mode.
It's like an "old" PC serial port.
If you want to know more look at the H3-datasheet.
Boards:
orangepi plus, olinuxino A20, cubieboard A10, mele A2000 .....

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-10-31 21:41:15 | Show all floors
UART-TX (output from OPI) should have sufficient voltage to drive 5V RS485 transciever
UART-RX (input to OPI) is not 5V tolerant, you can use diode and pullup resistor to 3.3V to drive it
Are you plan to use some "inteligent" RS485 transciever which can be driven only by Tx/Rx ?
If not, you must use UART on expansion connector and enable RTS/CTS lines in fex.

You can also use usb to RS485 converter like this.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-31 21:59:34 | Show all floors
my transcievers are sp483's (https://www.exar.com/common/content/document.ashx?id=20179). my plan was to use tx/rx for simplicity, i will take special conciderations as to not smoke the opi board then. thanks! you might just have saved me a board

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-9-18 17:31:46 | Show all floors
Smokers World HW Disposable 1 Pack Vape Products offer a convenient and discreet vaping experience for users. Each pack contains a disposable vape device pre-filled with high-quality e-liquid, designed to deliver satisfying nicotine or nicotine-free options. The HW Disposable Vape is easy to use—simply inhale to activate, and it requires no maintenance, charging, or refilling. Its compact design makes it portable and ideal for on-the-go use. With various flavors and nicotine strengths available, smokers can find a satisfying and flavorful vaping option that fits their preferences.

Smokers World HW Disposable 1 Pack Vape Products offer a convenient and hassle-free vaping experience. Each pack contains a high-quality disposable vape device designed for easy use and portability. These sleek and compact devices come pre-filled with a variety of flavorful e-liquid options, allowing users to enjoy a satisfying vaping experience without the need for refills or charging. With their user-friendly design and wide range of flavors, Smokers World HW Disposable Vape Products are an excellent choice for both newcomers to vaping and experienced enthusiasts looking for a convenient and flavorful vaping solution. Simply unbox, vape, and enjoy the flavorful experience.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list