Author: swordfish6975

Openelec Build for OPI PC and 2 now with HW decoding

[Copy link]
Published in 2016-7-15 22:35:00 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-7-16 10:37

Buffering issues:
I'd like to know how to determine, the "optimal settings value" (for the OPI PC) for the network "Advanced XML" setting file.

cachebuffersize = (491430400)  "This is a generic value added to Kodi which doesn't necessarily meet OPI / OpenELEC's settings. I'm sure this value could be better fine tuned for the system"
buffermode =(1)
readbufferfactor =(4.0)

Also, by activating "Zero Cache" in Kodi & Programs> Maintenance tools > System Tweaks >Tuxen XML, where the above settings are, has lessened the buffering & buffer overrun issue (I've been suffering), to where I can now remove my hand from the mouse, for longer periods.  So. both have helped, but, like I said could most likely be improved on, with more tweaking.  This got worse after using the "automatic install" when these settings, were set back to their defaults.
Published in 2016-7-16 11:23:02 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-7-16 12:31

After doing the "Automatic Update", (the Tar File in Update), the "Startup" is different. From "Cold Boot" I get the OpenELEC splash screen display, then the unit goes black, ch-ching's, but it doesn't go on to the Kodi main screen display. To get the Main Kodi screen to display, I must cycle the "Power Button", "OFF" (till the lan lights stop blinking), then back "ON". Is there a quick cure for this, a setting that was lost somehow in the upgrade sequence?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-7-16 17:32:48 | Show all floors
chaszim replied at 2016-7-16 04:23
After doing the "Automatic Update", (the Tar File in Update), the "Startup" is different. From "Cold ...

I've been using manual updates for a long time (copying tar file in update folder) because it is the way how I test changes before I put them on github and it works great, without any data loss for me. You should never ever interrupt update process, although some precautions are taken to minimaze damage. It is not quick, it needs a few minutes to execute properly (depends on SD card quality/speed). The thing is that when you reboot, update procedure starts. Probably it should display OpenELEC logo for a few minutes and then automatically reboot when it is finished. Anyway, when you are doing this, you should leave it alone until it reboots automatically. It may seem as it crashed, but I never observed that.

Published in 2016-7-16 23:19:28 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-7-17 09:33
jernej replied at 2016-7-16 17:32
I've been using manual updates for a long time (copying tar file in update folder) because it is t ...

Not what I'm trying to get across. The auto or manual update systems work fine, and I agree you've got to let it runs it's course, for it to do things correctly. Where my issue is, is after the update has finished, and, your ready to go on to normal operations. On cold boot, the OpenELEC startup splash displays and exits, to where the normal Kodi screen should start, but it remains a blank screen. To restore to the main Kodi screen, I'm having to power button "Off & On" once, for it to come back to run mode. That's where I'm needing assistance, It should start normaly but isn't, Could it be a display driver issue or something simple that can be easily corrected?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-7-16 23:53:36 | Show all floors
chaszim replied at 2016-7-16 16:19
Not what I'm trying to get across. The auto or manual update systems work fine, and I agree you've  ...

I experienced something similar on very rare occassions. How often do you experience this? Anyway, I don't know what causes this as I don't know how to reproduce this. I suspected parasitic power supply through serial port as it was the main cause for such behaviour on other boards in the past. Which devices do you have connected? Only self powered devices count.

Published in 2016-7-17 08:58:33 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-7-17 09:34
jernej replied at 2016-7-16 23:53
I experienced something similar on very rare occassions. How often do you experience this? Anyway, ...

It happens ever time I boot up (startup either unit {2x}), started after this latest update. Both units Update was done, with new tar file in /update folder, using OpenELEC upgrade app.Both units are OPI PC, powersupply is the one ordered at the same time with the unit purchase.
I just got 2 new Trandscend 16gb class 10 UHS-I, (good for 60mb/s) I will load the same tar, to one or both of them to see if the error duplicates.  

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-7-17 17:12:25 | Show all floors
Have anybody tried audio scrapper? I tried any available but not working, no info retrieved

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-7-17 22:30:14 from mobile | Show all floors
Jernej Hi , could you explain one thing ? Why the Raspberry Pi vnc service does not work exactly ? Does the graph of the PPIC does not support it ?
Published in 2016-7-17 23:33:43 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2016-7-18 02:09
chaszim replied at 2016-7-17 08:58
It happens ever time I boot up (startup either unit {2x}), started after this latest update. Both u ...

Yep, Same exact fail!!, new SD card, Same (latest) OS version.
Symtom: (On Cold Boot) OpenELEC Spash screen appears and clears. Kodi screen then Fails to appears, after OpenELEC's splash screen has cleared.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-7-18 05:54:14 | Show all floors
chaszim replied at 2016-7-17 16:33
Yep, Same exact fail!!, new SD card, Same (latest) OS version.
Symtom: (On Cold Boot) OpenELEC Spa ...

Do you have any USB to serial cable? We might get additional info if you connect it to RX TX and GND pins.

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list