Author: swordfish6975

Openelec Build for OPI PC and 2 now with HW decoding

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-16 00:56:08 | Show all floors
Edited by giaur500 at 2017-1-16 00:58

So, latest update, again channel switch is broken the same as on your latest stable build. This was better on build with 4k/hevc broken. Now it seems to be the same as always, 1/5 times kodi hangs and restart on channel switch.
(Or just to few tests). I will keep testing.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-16 01:52:56 | Show all floors
Thanks for testing. Here is another test image which might be better at channel switching. Please note that I didn't have a chance to test it.
https://transfer.sh/zFycM/openel ... 3311-g8ba65db10.tar

BTW, I didn't yet hear that H264 is 4K capable... Are you sure about that? I tested 4K HEVC (H265) sample and it worked flawlessly with previous update. Maybe you can upload a sample? I also didn't hear yet that downgrading doesn't work. I update my image a lot of times and it never refused to update. Did you put it in /storage/.update and just reboot?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-16 02:02:04 | Show all floors
Well, of course h264 is 4k capable, why not? For example, you can find 4k h264 videos on youtube. My phone is also able to record 4k/h264. Downgrade... it seems it refuses to process tar file containing version older than the one already installed. After reboot, tar is still there and no any update applied.

I will try to test tommorow and also upload some 4k sample for testing (it's 4k/he264 video recored on my phone, converted to hevc with Handbrake)

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-16 02:56:23 | Show all floors

t.t

Jernej, latest build is much better with channel switching. From first test, channel switch is simalar as with previous build, then one with broken hevc. 4k Hevc works, but playback is not smooth, it looks like slideshow. It was definitely better on stable build. I will try to upload sample tommorw, I need to cut a part from mkv movie file, hopefully there is no need to reencode

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-16 03:01:34 | Show all floors
giaur500 replied at 2017-1-15 19:02
Well, of course h264 is 4k capable, why not? For example, you can find 4k h264 videos on youtube. My ...

Datasheet says H264 should only go to 1080p and I also tested 4K version which didn't work fast enough, more like slideshow.

So does it work like no crashing at all or does it crash occasionally? If I'm not mistaken, previously build didn't solve this completely. Does Kodi crash completely during these switches, e.g. it restarts?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-19 04:02:35 | Show all floors
Hi to all!
It's possibile to install a kodi version like the one in this os (same HW decoding and all other stuff) in a debian bsed distro? I'd like to use the opi pc with kodi but also I need some other services that I can't use on openelec

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-19 04:10:29 | Show all floors
Hard to say, mostly because this version doesn't use X11. You can try to do this and I can give you help. Decoding & rendering part should work as-is, but I don't know if windowing code for X11 is generic enough.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-19 21:46:26 | Show all floors
I'd like to share something about OpenElec (latest at least) and CEC, i just found. I try with no success until today, to make CEC work on my Samsung tv from mounts. I have 3 OrangePi-s - ONE, PC and Plus2E and both show the same behaviour. CEC is activating at boot, show "Connected TV", but Samsung Anynet+ show no devices. or show recorder for a while and disappear shortly. I saw only once Kodi at Anynet+, worked for about 1/2sec and disconnect again. I tried couple of different HDMI cables - irrelevant. I did all of this while some of my USB wireless keyboard+touch is attached to boards.
Today i try new image, but didn't connect any keyboard, or wireless receivers, to board, only HDMI and network. And after first boot (you should worn somewhere, this takes a looooot of time, with crappy sd card, even more), voila - CEC is working with no worries, show Kodi CEC adapter in Anynet+, resume after change of source and back. So i am very happy , because this was the only thing i am missing in OpenElec and was driving me crazy. Great job @jernej.
I don't know what is the dependence between CEC and peripherals (if there is any of course, maybe he latest images are tweaked in some way). I just wonder if there is any way to set some priority of control devices, so CEC adapter to be on top and i still to be able to use keyboard?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-20 00:48:02 | Show all floors
RagnerBG replied at 2017-1-19 14:46
I'd like to share something about OpenElec (latest at least) and CEC, i just found. I try with no su ...

What image specifically are you using? Did you build it yourself? Please also try with other peripherals connected. The only real difference in last few months are the upstream libcec fixes.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-1-20 00:59:41 | Show all floors
Hi @jernej,
First I wanna thank you for your great work with your kodi support for OPi. Now I would like to ask you how can I know what exactly OpenElec.tv commit do you used to start your fork. I would like to be able to add support to kodi 17 version and could be easier for me if I can checkout that commit, migrate the kodi part and after that integrate your changes. Do you think that it will be possible? I started last weekend but I'm having a lot of work since I don't have an accurate way to get a diff between the OpenElec.tv base code and your fork OpenElec-OPi2.

Please let me know any comment and suggestions
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list