Author: swordfish6975

Openelec Build for OPI PC and 2 now with HW decoding

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-27 22:40:38 | Show all floors
I try to update the libreelec well it is more copy paste job from your openelec git only have to change some pkg_git_url to pkg_url  and change some openelec directions to librelec . and a ggc6.h patch

so far everythig compiles with gcc 6.2 don't know if that is a issue ? i think not mayby some patches for gcc6 like the gcc6-h for the kernel

so kernel and uboot sunxi-packages mali etc are the same as your openelec  i was not sure about systemd so i took the version from the openelec

so far it was easy   more fighting with git   but a compare tool also works just cost you some hd space

I'm almost at the point to try the hw patches for kodi , but here the fun is gonna start

install the cedarx package and adjusting the kodi videoplayer and egl windowing ?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-28 00:05:07 | Show all floors
jernej replied at 2017-1-27 01:36
Easy, just search through packages. Then you will found this:
packages/devel/ccache/package.mk

Thank's, this worked . But there is another brocken link, samba again - http://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-3.6.25.tar.gz, have to be https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-3.6.25.tar.gz . I found the link in /OpenELEC-OPi2/packages/network/samba/package.mk and fix it the same way. No more troubles since.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-28 23:38:08 | Show all floors
RagnerBG replied at 2017-1-27 17:05
Thank's, this worked  . But there is another brocken link, samba again - http://download.samba.o ...

Everything fixed by pulling upstream changes.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-28 23:43:09 | Show all floors
thc013 replied at 2017-1-27 15:40
I try to update the libreelec well it is more copy paste job from your openelec git only have to cha ...

I'm glad you pursuing this. So indeed you are at the hardest point, but result will be great once you are done.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-29 05:06:36 | Show all floors
yeah when i done i can read coding somewhat but coding itself

only newer kodi that i see with some h3 patches  is this one

https://github.com/mosterta/xbmc ... inner_layered_vdpau

but that is with vdpau don't know if that would be a better approach ?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-29 19:00:32 | Show all floors
thc013 replied at 2017-1-28 22:06
yeah when i done  i can read coding somewhat but coding itself

only newer kodi that i see wit ...

You will definetly get bonus points in community if you use vdpau, but I didn't manage to make it work. Maybe you will have more success. It also supports less codec, but unsupported are not widely used, except MPEG4, which doesn't support all variants. Also there is no HW deinterlace support with VDPAU, unless you add it yourself. This was popular request at the beginning. You have to decide what you want.

This is one project, which there isn't much documentation and you have to figure it out mostly by yourself. Of couse, you can ask me anything, but if you will copy my approach, you will make something quickly, but it could be done better. Depends how much time you want to spend for this.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-1-31 05:50:19 | Show all floors
Yeah would be hard enough for me  to get at least your patches or somehow hw support but i will try . my other option was to update the bsp kernel for H5 to the latest 3.10 like longsleep did for the a64 but that looks to easy and orangpilibra may do something more then wait for easy updates ,mainline pfioeww like to read the log of the irc linux-sunxi and try to follow them , but that level is to high for me and this is hobby like i did a gentoo image for the xbox or to be the first to have a custom firmware for the pre android phones the lima based h360 etc . why I have/had fun with it

First step : Don't take to big steps

Second step : begin easy taken your librelec-sw and update kernel and uboot
                     https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj99p9 ... -opione.img.gz?dl=0
                     so uboot-2017.1 package works (don't forget the logo) kernel .113 package works lovely sw decoding works

Third step   :  update librelec and  updated uboot kernel  .well it build until the kodi package nothing weird  not all is copy paste

Next step  :  open the kodi-000-windowing-support.patch and download and extract the kodi version the new librelec uses and manualy try to add the patches               
                  and then make a diff of it and use that as patch . so that the  gui is smooth  and hopefully can built the rest of the image .because the crash is on
                  the patch not while building .

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-1 03:08:56 | Show all floors
Edited by RagnerBG at 2017-2-1 03:27

I still have troubles with CEC... So far it working almost rock stable on my Orange Pi PC. I only have to make first boot with no peripheral attached and later on, CEC connects more quick if there is no other peripheral. This is with manual build from git - OpenELEC-H3.arm-7.0-devel-20170130160734-r1-g9464489-opipc . CEC disconnects only once for now, HDMI-CEC Kodi disappear, but after awhile HDMI-CEC Recorder shows up and i was able to connect to this successfully. With downloaded image - OpenELEC-H3.arm-7.0-devel-20161026221506-r23113-g64b34b3-opipc, CEC used to disconnect more often and i was unable to connect to newly showed Recorder, only reboot worked. But it is usable too. So OpiPC is fine. TV is Samsung.

My problem is with Orange Pi ONE. I use the same manual build - OpenELEC-H3.arm-7.0-devel-20170131141205-r1-g9464489-opione, the same conditions. Before this, downloaded image - OpenELEC-H3.arm-7.0-devel-20161026221335-r23113-g64b34b3-opione. CEC just won't work. I can see message - "Connecting to PulseEight-something", then on OpiPC i see second message - "Connected TV", but on Opi ONE - nothing. Also when i make some change to configuration of CEC Adapter plugin i receive massage - "CEC configuration updated" on OPI PC and no massage on OPI ONE. This make me think, CEC plugin is stopped after boot on Opi ONE for some reason. And i have to note, CEC wasn't working for my Orange Pi PC before, with older images and behavior was the same as on Opi ONE now. I also have Oprange Pi Plus 2E and with downloaded latest image, CEC is very unstable. If it even connects, it disconnects after a couple of minutes. But it is not in me for the moment and i can't test with build image. So i have to ask - is there any difference in configuration for Opi PC and other Oranges?
Also - how can i debug what is going on with CEC? There is no massages in debug log, regarding CEC, or i don't know what to enable there. Is there a way to restart CEC from ssh, or see some info there?

Edit: As usual, i just write this and found some log entries, but they say nothing to me.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-2-1 21:49:53 | Show all floors
Edited by grymster at 2017-2-1 17:47
jernej replied at 2016-11-1 15:04
This is only lsub, but anyway I found the issue.  Workaround is to edit script.bin and changetoI wil ...

Hi.
Does value of wifi_usbc_id depends on "Device Id" from lsusb output or it will have value of 2 for any case?

Orange Pi PC Plus [OpenELEC 7.0]
Orange Pi One [Armbian 5.23]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-2 01:47:38 | Show all floors
wifi_usbc_id is the number of USB port and tells which USB port to enable. I'm not sure what is correct mapping (would need to check schematic), but anyway, it is not used, because all USB ports are enabled at boot. This is one of the "features" which nobody knows why it is needed. I forgot to delete check for this config from 8188eu wifi driver.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list