Author: swordfish6975

Openelec Build for OPI PC and 2 now with HW decoding

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-23 01:35:27 | Show all floors
@ jernej the dropbox link few posts back has the latest openelec all images and updates .and also libre7 with hw wifi and ir ,cec not tested

Yeah i'm interested but i'm only stuck at move out platform in linuxrender-gles.cpp . in other words i have to take out the cedarx and disp2 in that file and make 2 new ones a cpp and h file in hwdec folder .its the last few % the rest i have done sort of. and somebody with little knowledge of programming could fix this in a hour i think. and like i am no coder you have to wait till i figured it out and with no sparring or other interested it is not easy to figure out so it even last longer .

and only new kodi is left to be fixed to get something usefull the rest is fine tunning because Jernej did already a great job where we can build further on.

@ chaszim You never to old to learn or try something and mostly the older you get the more time you have and with aging stubbornity is growing with it so the perfect match so try it

and you would always be the sensei of this project .

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2017-2-23 02:33:49 from mobile | Show all floors
If they are up-to-date builds which are stable, i suggest to upload them for auto-update?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-23 04:37:22 | Show all floors
chaszim replied at 2017-2-22 17:17
To date, in reality, I've seen "no one better" on the forum, willing to deal with both the thread  ...

If I'm not mistaken, default setting is "to be just notified" and you have to manually press update button somewhere in the settings. But this should be default mechanism explained in upstream OpenELEC wiki.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-23 04:47:40 | Show all floors
thc013 replied at 2017-2-22 18:35
@ jernej the dropbox link few posts back has the latest openelec all images and updates .and also li ...

If images are not modified builds from my github then they could be for sure uploaded. I suggest new topic for experiemental LibreELEC images. If you want, I can make one topic sticky, so they could have links to the images just like I had.

GLES renderer approach is one thing I dislike most in my approach. It offers quick result, but for the best performance separate disp2 renderer would be much more efficient. But that is another topic if it is sensible to make it because mainline kernel is getting better and better and I hope that it will in a few months be capable (with some out of tree patches) of using almost everything except HW deinterlacing and HW decoding. For these two functionalities old ported drivers could be used in theory, but of course, it is better to try to write proper drivers. That is one of the main reason why I don't have any interest to use and improve old kernel anymore.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-23 05:33:15 | Show all floors
The openelec images ar clean build from latest pull

But a good idea to have a seperate libreelec thread otherwise it get so messy. not that i have a big dropbox but the most recent ones i could storage them there

yeah not so quick for me but i am off the street
Yeah i follow linux-sunxi irc nice to see the progress but that is another level indeed .
Published in 2017-2-23 05:46:00 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2017-2-23 12:06

@jernej
Another Duho moment here. Since I rarely unplug the unit, because of the "DHCP /Date stamp" issue I was having, which, I've since gone to a Static IP, which seems clears my issue. It has gone ahead and "Updated" it's self, just as it should have.  Dumb

@thc013
It's not that I can't or am not willing to learn, I've done a lot of this before, in other Linux applications. It's time and energy that's causing me the most issue. Like, it's the constant search for newer & more stable IPTV sources (new apps), or weeding out m3u's. Then there's the neglected house etc etc etc. Not enough time for serious study before something else takes president.
Oh, I do have one somebody might help with. I've got 2 real RTC modules to get installed on my 2 OPI-PC's. 1.) where do I hook them on the IDC connector and 2.) how do I address them inside OpenELEC if possible. They're "DS3231 for PI" with a 5 pin header.  (+,D,C, nc,-)
Update RTC: that's pin 1=3.3 ,3=D,5=C,7=nc, 9= ground.  Now, didn't I see some time back, where, the I2C stuff, was set activated in the kernel, and, does that apply to OpenELEC?

Published in 2017-2-23 05:59:53 | Show all floors
Edited by chaszim at 2017-2-23 06:02
jernej replied at 2017-2-23 04:37
If I'm not mistaken, default setting is "to be just notified" and you have to manually press updat ...

I'm set to "Updates" Auto & "Show Updates Notification" is ticked. So, whenever a new update becomes available. I get a popup (lower right corner) saying it's available. It may go ahead, D/L and prep it, at that time too. But, what I learned today is it doesn't update till I re-boot the system.  I can press the update button as meny times as I wan't and it's won't go ahead and update, it gives me a choice between auto & manual. it's has to be re-booted to go ahead and update.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-24 00:34:26 | Show all floors
@chazsim it was with a smile

you could check the http://linux-sunxi.org/I2Cdev

and then  check

https://github.com/jernejsk/Open ... inux/linux.arm.conf

and
https://github.com/jernejsk/Open ... ys_config/opipc.fex

You get the right answer .

and from what i see it looks positive

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
Published in 2017-2-24 02:02:20 from mobile | Show all floors
You can have libreelec on my server too... (with update feature)

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-2-24 02:13:38 | Show all floors
@thc013
can you post again your link so I can put OpenELEC images to the server?
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list