View: 12963|Reply: 23

My orange pi pc plus is not working

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-7-26 15:07:20 from mobile | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello. I bought opi pc plus from Aliexpress. It came. Then I realized that I didn't buy anything for power and I made something myself. But it doesn't work. My adapter is 5V 2A. When I plug noyhing happens. No led, no sound. What can I do. How can I understand is my opi broken or problem is cable or adapter.
And second question
On my connector (second picture). It shows differently sides +.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-7-26 18:40:18 | Show all floors
Usually there is Android on eMMC if you have PC+ ... but perhaps your eMMC is not populated. Than board can't run and you need to write SD card with system and boot. I hope you set polarity correct with your DIY PSU. Check also voltage, it should not drop much from 5V ... most of those chargers are not providing enough power.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-27 01:06:12 from mobile | Show all floors
What happens if i set polarity wrong.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-27 01:06:46 from mobile | Show all floors
Sorry for bad language.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-27 01:08:11 from mobile | Show all floors
Even it is not booting just working does any led bulb?

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-7-27 01:44:51 | Show all floors
Hi,
  • I would get a proper power cable! Your DIY looks far to thin at the cut on the USB side. You need a cable that can support 2A.
  • If you are lucky, the OPI is still intact. Always check the polarity of a DIY cable, eg. with a volt-/multi-meter before connecting it.

Once you have that in order, you can plug it in and check if it still works. Unfortunately I have no OPI PC+ and cannot tell if LEDs should turn on if there is no image on the EMMC. My OPI PC lights up the LEDs once powered up even without µSD card.

@Igorpec: maybe you can help with the question if at least the LEDs should turn on ;)

Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-7-27 12:37:35 | Show all floors
Yes, leds do turn on, but later in the boot process. Leds on network connector are first IIRC:

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-27 18:07:27 from mobile | Show all floors
Do you have answer?

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-7-27 23:26:00 | Show all floors

Please try this from my previous answer:
Hi,

I would get a proper power cable! Your DIY looks far to thin at the cut on the USB side. You need a cable that can support 2A.
    If you are lucky, the OPI is still intact. Always check the polarity of a DIY cable, eg. with a volt-/multi-meter before connecting it.

Once you have that in order, you can plug it in and check if it still works. Unfortunately I have no OPI PC+ and cannot tell if LEDs should turn on if there is no image on the EMMC. My OPI PC lights up the LEDs once powered up even without µSD card.

If you do not understand this please send me a PM

Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-28 01:02:57 from mobile | Show all floors

Use magic report

You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list