Low power Orange Pi laptop

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-3-4 18:35:00 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello,
I am thinking about build low power laptop using Orange Pi One and with monochrome LCD display. Thats I want to used as ebook reader, surfing on internet and playing old DOS games.
Unfortunately I dont have much knowledge in this field so I need help from you. First problem is to find monochrome LCD display for reasonable price. I find this SHARP LM64P731 (640 x 480 Pixels, 9.4") and Sharp LM5H40TB (480 x 320 Pixels, 5.5"), but I dont find datasheet and I dont have no knowledge how to connect monochrome LCD to Orange PI.
So can anyone help me with my problems how connect Orange Pi to monochrome LCD or recommend other better monochrome displays?
thanks and sorry for my english

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2016-3-4 22:25:31 | Show all floors
Edited by cbm80 at 2016-3-4 22:30

It depends on how much money you want to spend. How much are displays you found? 7" 800x480 colour HDMI display is available for $20 in Aliexpress. And even this one can cause some problems with generation and exchanging script.bin files in OS distros.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2016-3-4 22:53:01 | Show all floors
I know that colour display will be easily connect to Orange, but I want rather monochrome.
Prices of LCD that I found are around $40 with shipping.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2016-3-18 17:10:59 | Show all floors
I've been interested on doing the same for long ago, but I rather would want a 720p 14" LCD, to make a normal size laptop for everyday tasks instead of little one. But I guess the sole screen would cost a lot, isn't it?.

Thank you!

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2021-8-28 02:15:07 | Show all floors
Well, the Orangi Pi can consume a lot of battery power from your laptop. Nowadays, it has become very competitive to learn more about the power saving of laptops. So there is fantastic info on Robert Whatley blogs. He shares great information about the laptop dedicated for Orangi Pi.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-7-11 17:39:07 | Show all floors
Really a great addition. I have read this great article. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. You can play: retro bowl to relax, or pass the time!

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
QQ
Published in 2023-8-22 06:21:17 | Show all floors
Now that even the OrangeOS page http://www.orangepi.org/html/softWare/orangePiOS/index.html shows a laptop, I'm very curious if one is already in the works more than just a mockup for a page.

A low-powered ARM laptop running OrangeOS would be quite nice if it had all the usability features and a long battery life.
Published in 2024-2-24 20:41:17 | Show all floors
Wow I absolutely love her! She is so darn beautiful on top of being a really good actor. I don’t think the show V is all that good, however I watch it anyway just so I can see her. And I don’t know if you’ve ever seen her do an interview but she is also rather funny and its all so natural for her.  I personally never even heard of her before The V, now I’ll watch anything she’s on.        jun88.bike
Published in 2024-3-4 18:02:19 | Show all floors
Hi there! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!        먹튀검증업체
Published in 2024-3-5 16:25:00 | Show all floors
Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.        https://timesaverholdings.com/
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list