View: 877|Reply: 11

Orange PI VR

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-11-8 06:15:18 | Show all floors |Read mode
In the Maker community there are projects to make Virtual Reality headsets to use with the PC, but these are for wired use, so there is room for a wireless solution that does not involve using a cell phone.

The Orange PI VR could not only be the solution for making a wireless VR headset, it could be used on any HMD head-mounted device.

The Orange PI 5 is enough to make an HMD with 2 HD 4K LCDs such as LCD 2160x2160, LCD 3840x2160, AMOLED 2560x2560, achieving resolutions like the best VR headsets, with multiple cameras and the integrated NPU you could achieve spatial positioning and passthru Experience like AR Augmented Reality.

The problem is that the cost of the entire project (batteries, Orange PI, LCDs, cameras, ...) should cost less than the Quest 3 lite $200, so I propose that you design a new board based on the Orange PI 5 that In addition to being able to be used for HMD VR AR, it can also be used for general purposes so that it continues to be sold as a normal board.

If the community thinks this is a good idea, comment below and share, and also comment on ideas for the new board, such as:
    The Orange PI VR will be connected via WIFI so they will not need an Ethernet connection and that would make them cheaper.
    The shape of the new board could be like sunglasses, rectangular with space for the nose.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2023-12-15 12:05:12 | Show all floors
With its powerful configuration and Wi-Fi 6 support, Orange PI VR can be used to build a high-performance wireless VR headset. It can also be used on any HMD head-mounted device, such as virtual reality glasses, slope augmented reality glasses, or smart helmets.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2024-1-6 19:29:22 | Show all floors
Wow, the possibilities with Orange PI 5 for making a wireless VR headset are mind-blowing. I can already imagine the immersive and high-quality VR Buckshot Roulette projects that makers can bring to life with Orange PI 5.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2024-1-30 11:56:03 | Show all floors
Share your idea on forums, social media platforms, rice purity test and communities dedicated to VR, AR, and maker projects. Platforms like Reddit, Maker forums, or dedicated Orange PI communities can be great places to start.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2024-2-23 07:43:47 | Show all floors
Marlin_DoniganPublished in 2024-1-30 11:56
Share your idea on forums, social media platforms, rice purity test and communities dedicated to VR, ...

Thanks for the recommendation, for the moment I published it on hackaday.io GPXR
If you want to support you can publish the link on other networks

Published in 2024-3-15 18:34:18 | Show all floors
I spend time people's writing. It has the excellent to consider you demonstrate around thoughts together with the intellect and also res while doing this very important topic is sometimes successfully deemed.        Topcer88
Published in 2024-3-16 19:25:39 | Show all floors
Wow, incredible weblog format! How long have you been running a blog for? you make running a blog look easy. The whole look of your web site is magnificent, well the content material!        Topcer88
Published in 2024-3-16 19:26:33 | Show all floors
Howdy. Very nice web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally…I am satisfied to locate numerous helpful information here within the article. Thank you for sharing.        Topcer88
Published in 2024-3-18 16:08:33 | Show all floors
After study some of the blog articles in your web site now, and I truly appreciate your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will also be checking back soon. Pls consider my web site too and tell me what you believe.        Manaslu Trek
Published in 2024-3-18 16:40:27 | Show all floors
You are not the general blog author, man.  You certainly have something important to add to the net.  Such a great blog.  I will be back for more.        Manaslu Circuit trek
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list