[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2016-5-23 15:15:01 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by tonyweston at 2016-5-23 15:16

Hi,

Im attempting to run Openelec on an orange pi, powered by the USB port of my TV.   It works fine powered using the 2A power supply I have, but the TV's USB port can't provide enough power during boot...  I can  see the ethernet port lights start to dim seconds before the whole thing reboots.

What is causing this?  Is there some code in there during boot up, that fires up all 4 cores processing something at 100%?  - I know that Armbian will boot fine using this setup.  Its just something within the openelec boot sequence that is very power hungry....if whatever this processing is could be made to use just a single core, then I can get it working....at the expense of it taking a few more seconds to boot.

I tried to turn down the cpu_max_frequency during autostart.sh   , but this doesn't work. I have a feeling the code that is power hungry is been run before autostart.sh is run.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-23 16:58:05 | Show all floors
you need edit dvfs table in script.fex, set max_freq, LV1_freq CPU clock as 816Mhz and LV1_volt 0,95V,edit step LV_count and other LV*_freq LV*_volt , dramm clock 480Mhz, and boot frequency. This configuration stable working on TV USB 500mA

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2016-5-23 23:41:54 | Show all floors
You can't directly compare Armbian and OpenELEC about userspace programs. Anyway, I changed governor to OnDemand and tweaked some DVFS settings in my git, but those changes are not included in latest prebuild images yet. You can build it your own images and test it if you wish.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list