H3Droid - Android image developed specifically to work on Allwinner H3 devices

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-5-29 13:26:51 | Show all floors
Hello @clasie

If you open up playstore and go to settings first thing, after first boot, you can disable updates from there and stop any that are on going by going to 'my apps' and clicking to stop updates after disabling auto-update.  

Cheers!

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-29 15:48:42 | Show all floors
Great! I'm really appreciated about what you guys have done.
I've looking for how to change landscape display to portrait display mode ( 1920*1080 hdmi -> 90 degree rotate)..
If your team could help me to do it, It will be greatful for what I'm doing..
I've already sent to you a email about this... plz help me

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-5-29 23:49:39 | Show all floors
Hello @akm

As was discussed in our chat with you today, right now it does not seem that rotation works correctly.  We have a way to hack the display to display in a different orientation as discussed but this doesn't help much as the desktop doesn't turn as well as would be expected.  We hope to review if this is a possible to fix in a later version of H3Droid as time allows.

--

We also wanted to make a general update about some progress we have been making over the past few days...

We have recently began to support the FriendlyArm NanoPi M1 and NanoPi M1 Plus boards! We expect to have full support for the NanoPi M1 and at least partial support for the NanoPi M1 Plus in H3Droid 1.2.7!

When it comes to the NanoPi M1 Plus, with some outside help from a few volunteers including the great people over at Armbian, we are about half way there!

So far, we have managed to get gmac or the 'gigabit ethernet' working on the NanoPi M1 Plus. After spending some time with reviewing the kernel, u-boot and fex, we finally found some changes needed in the fex file to get it working.

While we have the ethernet working and are pretty sure this should be ready for the next release, the WiFi will be another story as it looks to need some software specific changes to work and we will need to work out how those will be integrated. Full functionality may be delayed until 1.2.8 (or later?) depending on how development goes over the next several weeks.

In the meantime if you have a NanoPi M1 board and would like help getting your board working, feel free to stop by our IRC Channel #H3Drooid on Freenode and we will try to help you as time allows!

Thanks everyone for their support! Remember, it is your feedback that drives our development, so please let us know your experience!

Have a great day!
The H3Droid Team

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-5-31 18:05:23 | Show all floors
to anyone asking about 'upgrades'. in 1.2.7+ it is possible to do just that (either via installer or h3resc boot menu), which leaves user apps and settings intact
dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-31 18:43:53 | Show all floors
kotcza replied at 2017-5-31 18:05
to anyone asking about 'upgrades'. in 1.2.7+ it is possible to do just that (either via installer or ...

WOW thats great news about the upgrades. That makes me want to put it on the eMMc of my Opi+ 2E. The one thing that migh spoil it is fact the power button doesn't  seem to work so the only way out is to pull the power plug. The power button works on Opipc, short press = sleep and long press = reboot.

Thanks for the hard work.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-5-31 21:42:46 | Show all floors
Edited by kotcza at 2017-5-31 17:12
mkrndl replied at 2017-5-31 12:43
WOW thats great news about the upgrades. That makes me want to put it on the eMMc of my Opi+ 2E. T ...

well, those boards draw little power, so it doesnt make much sense to turn them off. also, if you want to reboot to boot menu you can use 'goresc1' command via adb/ssh/uart (1.2.7+)

dissatisfied with android on your H3 device? try again with https://h3droid.com/

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-6-1 15:17:00 | Show all floors
kotcza replied at 2017-5-31 21:42
well, those boards draw little power, so it doesnt make much sense to turn them off. also, if you w ...

I think an easier method would be an app such as Power Off. Would you consider such an app in the default setup as I believe people will find it usefull and it may be a safer bet for avoiding corrupted sdcard.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-6-1 16:28:24 | Show all floors
mkrndl replied at 2017-6-1 09:17
I think an easier method would be an app such as Power Off. Would you consider such an app in the  ...

ok, if its for powering off to save sdcard corruption ok, i'll try to implement such thing. no promises when though.

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-6-2 05:42:35 | Show all floors
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-6-2 08:44

Hello All,

Just wanted to let you know we will be releasing H3Droid version 1.2.7 here shortly and give you an overview of what you can expect!  

This is a pretty major release and adds some new features! Most importantly H3resc (more to come on this upon release!), USB automount is fixed, support for FriendlyArm H3 boards and an easier installation process!

New in version 1.2.7:
- Changed aoe.ko (and few serial modules) to builtin
- New fex: nanopim1+ (untested) (gmac support only)
- Installer: upgrade mode (preserves partition layout and UDISK content)
- Installer: several fixes to workaround distros differences
- Recompiled with current uboots:
nanopi_m1, nanopi_m1_plus, nanopi_neo, nanopi_neo_air, orangepi_2,
orangepi_lite, orangepi_one, orangepi_pc, orangepi_pc_plus, orangepi_plus,
orangepi_plus2e, orangepi_zero, Sinovoip_BPI_M2_Plus
- Updated rc.local calling to prevent deadlocks
- Added H3resc with boot menu (hold power key on boot): shell, change uboot/fex/boot.cmd, update h3droid from usbdrive/internet, wipe user data
- USB Automount should work on all ports now
- Fixed shell jni path to allow java tools usage
- Added slip(builtin), rtl2830.ko and few others
- Removed g_android and enabled other g_* modules
- Initial resolution set to 1920x1080

As you can see there is a lot to look forward to!  We have just a little more testing to do and you should see 1.2.7 out within the next 4-24 hours, so keep checking back!

As always, please feel free to provide feedback here on the forum, on our feedback form or come chat with us on IRC in #H3Droid on Freenode!

Thanks again to everyone who has provided their time and support to H3Droid!

Cheers!

threads

credits

Gold member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-6-2 08:35:36 | Show all floors
Edited by TheLinuxBug at 2017-6-2 08:45

Hello All!

H3Droid 1.2.7 is now available for download!

Updates / Changes in version 1.2.7:
- Changed aoe.ko (and few serial modules) to builtin
- New fex: nanopim1+ (untested) (gmac support only)
- Installer: upgrade mode (preserves partition layout and UDISK content)
- Installer: several fixes to workaround distros differences
- Recompiled with current uboots:
nanopi_m1, nanopi_m1_plus, nanopi_neo, nanopi_neo_air, orangepi_2,
orangepi_lite, orangepi_one, orangepi_pc, orangepi_pc_plus, orangepi_plus,
orangepi_plus2e, orangepi_zero, Sinovoip_BPI_M2_Plus
- Updated rc.local calling to prevent deadlocks
- Added H3resc with boot menu (hold power key on boot): shell, change uboot/fex/boot.cmd, update h3droid from usbdrive/internet, wipe user data
- USB Automount should work on all ports now
- Fixed shell jni path to allow java tools usage
- Added slip(builtin), rtl2830.ko and few others
- Removed g_android and enabled other g_* modules
- Initial resolution set to 1920x1080

Thanks to all of you, we are currently at 508 downloads and climbing!      

As always, please feel free to provide feedback here on the forum, on our feedback form or come chat with us on IRC in #H3Droid on Freenode!

Thanks again to everyone who has provided their time and support to H3Droid!

Cheers!
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list