[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-5-17 15:34:14 | Show all floors |Read mode
Edited by psygnosis at 2017-5-17 15:35

Hi all,
I'm new here, and new with the Orange Pi One that I've bought with sales just for fun.
I've received it some days ago and I've remebered too late that I didn't have a dc cable. So I made one with a dc plug and an old usb cable (I've soldered the red and black cable from the usb), that takes power from a xiaomi power supply 5v 2000mA.
The only sd card I have now (untill I have a new one) is a 2 Gb Kingston.

So I use armbian + etcher to write the image on the 2gb sd card. everything seems ok for etcher.

I've plug the dc cable in, the ethernet port starts to show lights, I've pressed the button and... nothing happens.
No red led, no signal on monitor (hdmi),  nothing it seems dead except for the eth leds.

Can be the Orange Pi One faulty? or am I wrong in something? like - I don't know - maybe the Opi One doens't recognize 2gb card and need at least 4?

Thank you in advace for helping me, I don't really know where to ask.

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-5-17 23:41:05 | Show all floors
Hi,

The fact that your OPI lite comes to live and the network LEDs light up means that the OPI tries to boot.
That means that several things could go wrong here:
  • Check the voltage inbetween  GPIO ports 2 or 4 (+5V) and port 6 (Ground). If the voltage is blow 5V you need to use a differnt power supply. NB many (phone) power suppllies are dropping below 5v and are not usable with the OPI. If the voltage does not drop:
  • If you can get your hands on an other µSD card please wrte the image onto that. Please be pattent for the 1. boot as this can take some time to finish.
  • If you have a USB to TTL adaptor, check if you get any output at the UART port.
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-5-19 19:33:13 from mobile | Show all floors
It seems like problem with sd. Your sd card is probably too small for armbian. I have got 8 gb and it runs armbian very well. If larger card doesnt work that means you have burned img incorectly.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-18 17:58:36 | Show all floors
Sorry for necroposting.
I've received another OPi ONE and I have the same issue.
Only eth led, no led on board.
This time I've try another sd card (Sandisk 32 gb original), I've just use etcher to burn image (armbian desktop for opi one) and again, nothing happend.
I don't know what to do, everyone can start armbian just by burning image and power on the board, for me not...
the dc power output the right voltage
is there something else that I could do?

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-7-18 18:13:17 | Show all floors
Edited by igorpec at 2017-7-18 11:15

HDMI auto detection does not work perfectly fine - especially if some HDMI2VGA adapter is used. Soft reboot usually helps.
If not, we need to see serial console logs.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-18 19:48:53 from mobile | Show all floors
I don't use adapters I just plug an hdmi hdmi cable to a TV. How can I check the console. Log.?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-18 19:52:11 from mobile | Show all floors
Edit: it's normal that the SD is unreadable on Windows after I write the image?

threads

credits

Forum patriarch

credits
Published in 2017-7-19 00:49:17 | Show all floors
Edited by Tina at 2017-7-19 00:51

Please try to follow the steps below as closely as you can:
  • Did you try an other power supply (PSU)? You mentioned: "the dc power output the right voltage". What voltage do you get when the Orange PI is connected at the 5V rail (GPIO pin 2 or 4 for +5V and pin6 ground)?  You said you use a Xiaomi PSU that has the spec 5V 2A. If that PSU does not hold a stable 5V voltage under load, a lot of PSU's do that, the Orange PI would stop at the bootsequence where just the LEDs of the network socket light up.
  • If that works fine, it could be a not propper written µSD card. Please follow closely the instructions of how to do that: link
  • In windows you sould see something like that when the image is written: see pic below
  • If all this works, we would need to see the serial console logs. To get them you need a USB to TTL adapter connected to the UART port of your OPI. and a terminal program running on your PC.

NB. If you skip any of these steps we would not be able to help you.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x
Please click on reply when answering direct to me. That way I get a notification ;)

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                  Benjamin Franklin 1755

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-19 01:32:10 from mobile | Show all floors
Ok the xiaomi psu give me with the multimeter the right tension of 5v 2a. I'm sure of this.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-7-19 01:34:07 from mobile | Show all floors
Sorry I'm from the smartphone I didn't want to double post. The problem is the micro SD. No I don't see that folder structure. When I write te image file, windows doesn't recognise the SD anymore it just tells me that I have to format the drove
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list