please choosego to mobile | Continue to access the PC version
View: 10037|Reply: 5

Help with modified pi zero board messed up and killed it.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-7-16 09:16:13 | Show all floors |Read mode

I was trying to remove the usb and the ethernet port from the board and in doing so i cut what i believe was a capacitor on the board next to the ethernet port the two yellow rectangle components
on the board the one closest to the edge of the board. the two leds from the ethernet also got cut. and in doing so killed the board. is there a capacitor that i can solder in that place to maybe get the board up and running. I added solder to the two leds from the ethernet port together since i wont need it in the build im working on. i just needed the clearance from those two ports. If anyone can help me get the board back up and running. Or am i stuck using attempting this on another board. any help will will make me so grateful. i included a image showing the spot i messed up and a description of everything.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-8-5 01:13:00 | Show all floors
According to schematic (pg.10):
Spec : 1000pF / 2kV
Size  : 1206

Full schematic is available here:
http://linux-sunxi.org/images/e/ ... chanetics-v1_11.pdf

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-8-6 00:16:30 | Show all floors
It's rear to read mess like this. I still try to figure out what is the point of all this? You don't physically remove the interfaces that way and your power consumption is the same. If you wanted to cut power to those interfaces, capacitor is the last thing you have to remove. From what i read and if i understand correctly, you shorts the pads of ethernet leds? And you basically shorts the power supply or part of it, by doing this, and expect anything to work. That's really sweet .

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-8-30 22:14:43 | Show all floors
i was trying to save space in a case i modded for it.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-8-31 23:30:54 | Show all floors
RagnerBG replied at 2017-8-6 00:16
It's rear to read mess like this. I still try to figure out what is the point of all this? You don't ...

That's a common thing to do, if you need to stick it in a tight place. I did it once with my RPi2 when converted an old monitor into a "smart-kitchen-TV"

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2022-12-8 17:25:51 | Show all floors
Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon.        TOKYO GOLDEN SERIES
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list