OPI Zero plus2 H5 how change OS ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-9-15 12:29:03 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hi,
I buy an OPI Zero Plus2 H5 but I know nothing about Orange or Pi, only Mac, PC and Arduino :-)
When I turn on my OPI Zero, I can see an android in chinese (not very usable, I'm french and I don't read the chinese), so for my project (use the OPI like a web client for read many Wemos D1 mini and their sensors) I need to change the OS to Raspbian.
I read the "how to" in the web site of Orange Pi, and I try to mount the image disk with Raspbian on a microSd card with my iMac and after with my PC. Normally everything is rigth (no error message from my computers), but when I insert the SD card on
the OPI, nothing happened ! I waiting, and nothing too. I 've tryed put the SD and turn on, turn on and put the SD, turn on wait the booting on Android (chinese remember) and nothing again.
So what I doing wrong ??
Somebody can helping me to change the OS (and in the same time using SSH on my iMac, it'll be more comfortable than on the TV).

Thanks

X

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2017-9-15 13:16:59 | Show all floors
Better start reading things here:
https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/

"Raspbian" is only on the surface. What matter is a kernel which is not near to those on Rpi. Closest alternative:
https://www.armbian.com/work-in-progress ... not completely done, but it's usable up to a certain degree. Changes to the kernel are happening on daily base.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-9-15 20:30:30 | Show all floors
Thanks Igorpec for the help.
I read the doc and it's very helpful.
I'm download the image and the differents app, and after format my SD card, I'll flash it.
I hope this 'll worked. :-) (but I don't have any USB keyboard, because my iMac have a cordless keyboard, but maybe a friend can share one)

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-11-15 14:17:45 | Show all floors
I've read that document and -- as I noted in another thread -- the document mentions some scripts with which to install the OS.  However it's completely a mystery where to get those scripts.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list