OPi Zero Plus 2 H5 No Boot Compile

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-3-1 08:31:17 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello!

First, thanks for the time taken to read and answer this questions! I see that they are a lot of peoples that really know about these things!

I have a very big problem, and sincerelly i was working hard (I cannot allow that a Linux system doesn't works ) without find a solution:

I'm trying to make a Ubuntu Xenial distribution using the provided scripts and I cannot see anything on the screen. I have tried with the SDK provided in:
https://github.com/OrangePiLibra/OrangePi_H5SDK and https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePi_Build.

After compile all and flash all to the SD using these tools, and connect the power, I doesn't see anything on the HDMI screen.

On the creates SD card, I can see 21Mb of free space and then, the Boot partition (named BOOT, 52 Mb) and the second one named rootfs (ext4, 1,2Gb), then the remaining free space.

A detail, when it tries to boot, it turns on the yellow led for a short time (less than 3 seconds) and it turns of. I have tested the same with other distribution that works and it has the same behavior, but after that it starts.

Contents of the Boot partition:

/media/diego/BOOT/:
backup  initrd.img  orangepi  uEnv.txt

/media/diego/BOOT/backup:
initrd.img  orangepi  uEnv.txt

/media/diego/BOOT/backup/orangepi:
OrangePiH5.dtb  uImage

/media/diego/BOOT/orangepi:
OrangePiH5.dtb  uImage

The rootfs partition has the expected directories:
bin  boot  dev  etc  home  lib  lost+found  media  mnt  opt  proc  root  run  sbin  srv  sys  tmp  usr  var

Can somebody light me ?

Thanks!
Diego

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-3-2 00:13:12 | Show all floors
solution is easy

https://www.armbian.com/
https://github.com/armbian/build

just go for this if you want a compile script that works and good support

oranepi libra is half broken and bad maintained .

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-3-2 10:47:38 | Show all floors
Dear thc03,

Very thanks for your time and your help!

It is terrible that Libra is bad maintained, also orangepi-xunlong.

I need to use gc2035 camera working and it cannot be done on this version of armbian.

Do you know if there is some distribution based on a kernel that runs gc2035 driver properly? (I have read that mainline kernel hasn't solved this, then, I will use legacy kernel). The links to the distributions from orangepi are bad maintained also (a lot of broken links, also incorrect links, as example, it is incredible but I cannot find a solution for this).

Thanks!
Diego

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-3-2 14:50:25 | Show all floors
Do you know if there is some distribution based on a kernel that runs gc2035 driver properly?

There isn't any. In case you want to use a camera on H5 board, your only way is to use stock Xunlong images, this what you already tried ... modern kernel, which is the only supported via Armbian, does not have support for CSI cameras.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-3-4 04:57:30 from mobile | Show all floors
Hello igorpec, very thanks for your reply.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-3-4 05:14:02 from mobile | Show all floors
Hello igorpec!  Very thanks for your reply and your help.  So, do you know how to compile this OS, or have tried some image that can run Linux properly and install also the camera, which also has his features working? (such as network, usb, etc).  I have tested different images and they have different problems (to download or to run, because the links to download compiled system that I have tried are broken / incorrect / out of date and are not hat they must/ other thing).  PS: I insist that is impossible to be casual, incredible and unacceptable that a lot of official files has problems, including that the OS code doesn't compile the expected files properly...   Thanks! Diego

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2018-3-4 08:37:59 from mobile | Show all floors
Hello igorpec!  Very thanks for your reply and your help.  So, do you know how to compile this OS, or have tried some image that can run Linux properly and install also the camera, which also has his features working? (such as network, usb, etc).  I have tested different images and they have different problems (to download or to run, because the links to download compiled system that I have tried are broken / incorrect / out of date and are not hat they must/ other thing).  PS: I insist that is incredible and unacceptable that a lot of official files has problems, including that the OS code doesn't compile the expected files properly...   Thanks! Diego

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2018-3-4 21:04:52 | Show all floors
I have tested different images

Waste of time. A kernel is the same ... in fact, there are two options, stock kernel (on all images which are on Orangepi download page) with full of problems or unfinished modern kernel (which we use) where certain features are simply not developed (like a camera). It is not "just compile" but months of work.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-3 02:18:03 | Show all floors
This approach is an excellent content Document personally seen merit to present the software. Propose being very careful the things I needed to work out intend for long term future you should maintain just for stating a very remarkable content.        guardtech

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-4 21:36:09 | Show all floors
To be a Rookie, My business is for good researching on the net intended for articles or blog posts which might be connected with assistance to everyone. Appreciate it.        kamagra oral jelly
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list