View: 10721|Reply: 7

Any Ham Radio Operators Using OP?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-6-24 23:21:20 | Show all floors |Read mode
Hello all, just curious to know if there were any Ham Radio operators using Orange Pi and if anyone has built a MMDVM Hotspot using Orange Pi?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2018-6-27 22:19:41 | Show all floors
8bitbacon,
The MMDVM uses an open source HAT, primarily built on Raspberry Pi Zero wireless platform, and connects via the GPIO pins on the RPI  (http://mmdvmhshat.blogspot.com/ )  a google for MMDVM will show many example boards and software builds.
I'm not sure what your digital car cluster project is, but MMDVM development is digital voice encoding and transmission on amateur radio operator frequencies typically to handheld radios at 0.5 watt transmission power. typical range of a room or two away.

Rick,
I too picked up an OPI with the hopes of using it for a hotspot.
I have seen some examples with the cube style enclosure with an VHF ducky sticking out of the top.
The pre-built ones seem pricey - but I have not found an MMDM board built for the OPI yet or any pre configured images.
I'm pretty confident that with a linux os and properly built and compiled modules you could have Pi-Star running ad talking to the MMDVM software.

I'm not the guy to do it first - but I'm interested in the project if you find more....
Fritzer.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2018-12-3 12:39:29 | Show all floors
Edited by macgyver at 2018-12-3 00:24

I am interested as well since I have several OPi +2 boards myself and 3 MMDVM_HS_DUAL boards.
My call is N4HBM here in sunny Florida.

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-3-9 00:10:50 | Show all floors
Ones new music is usually wonderful. You could have many incredibly proficient painters. When i hope people the most beneficial connected with achievements.        Packers and Movers Bangalore to Coimbatore

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-3-24 01:02:03 | Show all floors
Edited by xyzzsdfl at 2022-3-24 05:53

We now have produced this all together simply by researching the cutting edge web sites and are adding extra because Tripindicator.com will be invested in furnishing vacationers by using the top sightseeing and tour travels plus sight-seeing opportunities seats comparability site.        Tripindicator.com

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2022-4-2 04:03:23 | Show all floors
We arrived on your weblog whilst concentrating simply somewhat submits. Good technique for following, I'll be book-marking at the same time grab your own total increases.        Tripindicator.com

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2022-12-5 23:39:24 | Show all floors
There are many ham radio enthusiasts who use OP as their main operating system. This is because OP is very versatile and can be used for a variety of applications. OP can be used for simple things like sending and receiving text messages,  real estate services Vale  or it can be used for more complex tasks like setting up a digital voice repeater. No matter what your ham radio needs are, OP can probably handle it.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2023-9-18 15:20:37 | Show all floors
If you're interested in connecting with ham radio operators or discussing ham radio-related topics Immaculate Grid , you may want to visit online ham radio forums, join local ham radio clubs, or explore social media groups dedicated to amateur radio.
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list