Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

OrangePi

Login            
 Register            
Search
Hot search: orangepi
View: 623|Reply: 3

Any Ham Radio Operators Using OP?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2018-6-24 23:21:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all, just curious to know if there were any Ham Radio operators using Orange Pi and if anyone has built a MMDVM Hotspot using Orange Pi?

Threads

Credits

Gold member

Credits
Post time 2018-6-27 08:27:29 | Show all posts
Hi rick, How can I start this ham radio you speak of and how far can it transmit and which one does it run on? I have an orange pi zero h2,orange pi 2g iot, orange pi one, orange pi zero h3,orange pi zero h5, and im borrowing Dr.Speed from this forums orange pi pc for a while so I can test it on any of those, he sent me over the mail because we are making a digital car cluster for the orange pi. I see the orange pi pc has some copper component, does that happen to be where the ham can transmit? and can its signal be boosted?

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2018-6-27 22:19:41 | Show all posts
8bitbacon,
The MMDVM uses an open source HAT, primarily built on Raspberry Pi Zero wireless platform, and connects via the GPIO pins on the RPI  (http://mmdvmhshat.blogspot.com/ )  a google for MMDVM will show many example boards and software builds.
I'm not sure what your digital car cluster project is, but MMDVM development is digital voice encoding and transmission on amateur radio operator frequencies typically to handheld radios at 0.5 watt transmission power. typical range of a room or two away.

Rick,
I too picked up an OPI with the hopes of using it for a hotspot.
I have seen some examples with the cube style enclosure with an VHF ducky sticking out of the top.
The pre-built ones seem pricey - but I have not found an MMDM board built for the OPI yet or any pre configured images.
I'm pretty confident that with a linux os and properly built and compiled modules you could have Pi-Star running ad talking to the MMDVM software.

I'm not the guy to do it first - but I'm interested in the project if you find more....
Fritzer.

Threads

Credits

Novice

Credits
Post time 2018-12-3 12:39:29 | Show all posts
Edited by macgyver at 2018-12-3 00:24

I am interested as well since I have several OPi +2 boards myself and 3 MMDVM_HS_DUAL boards.
My call is N4HBM here in sunny Florida.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Archiver|Mobile edition|Darkroom|OrangePi En ( 粤ICP备14086627号-2

2019-1-19 13:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.025032 second(s), 22 queries .