Author: bwhalen04

No on board LEDs

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-10-4 08:29:46 | Show all floors
bwhalen04 replied at 2015-10-4 00:27
Does anyone know if the Power LED should be lit when power is applied even if a TF card isn't instal ...

The red LED turns on only if the bootloader and u-boot were successfully laded from sd card (or emmc if your board has one).
The led is software controlled, not hardwired to power line.
So, if it turns on then you have al least correctly formated (for OPI boot) sd card. The hdmi output will be activated only after the kernel (uImage) was loaded.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-4 09:30:56 | Show all floors
Well maybe i'm doing something wrong then. I tried using 2 different SD cards and 2 different OS's from the website but cannot get the power LED to light. Back to the drawing board

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-10-5 15:24:18 | Show all floors
Even if TF card is not present, the red LED is ON light. for you that have no LED , only on RJ45 jack, try to start board with an ACC or 5V (4.7) batteries , that should work !
in the first time , before that test i make it, iI say " my board is DEAD" !  but NOT!
This ANDROID image work very well, try it ! but need to use with PhoenixCard software !!!

http://uploaded.net/file/p7h1jjlo

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2015-10-6 04:06:15 | Show all floors
Edited by jkrischt at 2015-10-6 04:19

I got a response that all boards are tested before sent out and suggested I use a SanDisk Class 10 SD with a supported image.

Went out and got a Sandisk Class 10 MicroSD card.  Followed loboris (very easy) instructions for one of his builds (XFCE desktop to be exact).  And it worked perfectly!

Very much user error on my end.  I think it was the build I was using, but I'll stick with Sandisk SDs going forward just in case it was that.

Thanks everyone for there help!  And loboris for creating those builds.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-6 07:29:48 | Show all floors
I also used one of Loboris image files and was able to boot (Thank You). I am now troubleshooting USB issues. I have power but nothing actually works. My mouse lights up but doesn't move. Keyboard doesn't work either.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-10-6 07:45:50 | Show all floors
Now working. I didn't rename the script.bin file or the uimage file. USBs now work

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-10-11 21:01:55 | Show all floors
i have same problem and try lubuntu and debian image no sucess no led lit on board only rj45 led are lit

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-10-11 22:10:55 | Show all floors
@ALL who have the problem with no light on LED!
As @loboris written in the previous post:
The red LED turns on only if the bootloader and u-boot were successfully loaded from microsd card (or emmc if your board has one).
This can happen if:
1.microsd card is not compatible maybe too big or too slow (try with an 8gb class10 microsd card)
2.microsd card is not correct written (try with another cardreader)
3.microsd card is not correct written (Be sure you have written to the correct device)
4.powersupply (seems that orange PC PI is very tricky about powersupply, try with another one)
last one, check with USB-TTL device connected to the debug port what happens.

Good luck
Boards:
orangepi plus, olinuxino A20, cubieboard A10, mele A2000 .....

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-10-11 23:09:15 | Show all floors
no led lit on board only the rj 45 are lit  the board is dead?

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-10-12 00:52:23 | Show all floors
I am very unimpressed with OrangePi.
My board is definitely dead and the contact via Aliexpress treats you like an idiot.
I have burned new images onto new class 10 TF cards (scandisk make), I use a 5V 5A power supply. I use a proper HDMI monitor not a vga to hdmi monitor (Why the hell would I?) Even looking via serial console there's nothing happening and are they interested ? No.
They waited right until a couple of hours before the dispute time ended to post their unacceptable reply.
The only LED is the red power one. There are no LEDs alight on the network socket either so it clearly isn't running.
As I write reviews for several UK user groups this is going to be posted to many potential buyers as a warning to NOT buy an orangepi.  
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list