Can you use Ubuntu burn image?

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
 Author| Published in 2015-2-13 09:58:48 | Show all floors
no, i dont use linux and dont have any available
I used dd with osx and win32 diskimager
both produce similar results, they all burn successfully but I can only boot bananapi images ( both lubuntu and bananian )
That said, my usb seems not to function at all, nothing is detected when connected to usb ( tried usb sticks, mouse,bluetooth adapter ) not detected and lsusb output will never change ( both with powered hub and directly )
In addition, I bought new 5v ,2a adapter to make sure its not power issue and see same problem still.
at this point I think there is something wrong with the OrangePi Mini board I have and I want either the normal OrangePi as replacement ( since people reporting it works ) or a refund and I will purchase bananapi .

Cheers

Published in 2015-2-13 21:26:13 | Show all floors
According to the operation situation of you, is the orange PI will not work properly. Because orange PI mini and orange PI can run the same image. because we also sell a lot of orange PI mini. other users have no hair this situation. And your description is text, no serial port information can see, it is very difficult for me to determine where the problem. We will agree to your decision.
Published in 2015-2-13 21:30:51 | Show all floors
You can also add my Skype (zhaoyifan_steven). I can step by step to assist you.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-3-10 02:50:31 | Show all floors
Hello I have same problem. I have power 5V, 2A, new micro SDHC 16GB class 10, but Orange Pi mini can not boot Lubuntu image. After 5 seconds power off - no HDMI signal. Bananian boot fine but standart USB keyboard not work (maybe drivers?). So I made UART serial connector - but I do not know what speed should I use...

Please help me.

threads

credits

credits
Published in 2015-3-10 04:00:38 | Show all floors
david replied at 2015-3-9 19:50
Hello I have same problem. I have power 5V, 2A, new micro SDHC 16GB class 10, but Orange Pi mini can ...

it's a power failure, i have same results as you until i used a strong power supply.

I think PMU ic (axp209) detects some changes in power supply it disconnects USB power ( you can start bananian without USB devices) or with Lubuntu it restarts after 5 seconds or goes off .

I had same results as you.

Speed uart are 115k.

Published in 2015-3-10 06:22:30 | Show all floors
@t3l3m4k0 Thank you. It's no enough power supply.

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2015-3-10 16:28:13 | Show all floors
So I do not understand - in Orange Pi mini hardware specification is power 5V @ 2A via MicroUSB (DC in Only) and/or MicroUSB (OTG). I have DELL Dell Tablet Power Adapter 5V @ 2A (10W). What power adapter should I use?

THX

threads

credits

Intermediate member

credits
Published in 2015-3-10 22:20:36 | Show all floors
There are a couple of users facing the same issue, in the end a stronger power supply always seems to be the solution. I am not sure if all PSUs I've tried really provide the amperage that they are supposed to, but I think it's quite safe to say that a PSU with less than 2A will not work at all, and even if they claim to give 2A or more you cannot be sure that they really work.

Steven, I think the specs for the Orange Pi should be corrected, the power consumption is definitely higher than expected. Can you explain why this is so, and are there any solutions in sight, apart from using stronger PSU?
www.DigitalToys.info - News, tutorials and tests for SBCs
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list