View: 6856|Reply: 4

Configure language on Android on Opi Zero Plus2 - or else install other OS

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Novice

credits
Published in 2017-11-12 10:21:43 | Show all floors |Read mode
I have a newly purchased Orange Pi Zero Plus2 H5.  It came setup to boot Android - that's purely Chinese - and I don't see a way to switch the language to English or anything else.  There might be a choice to do so, but since I have no clue what the Chinese words are saying I might be skipping over something.  Any advice?

What I really want to do however is install some other OS like Debian.  I have the user manual.  The instructions are not clear.  It talks about running some scripts but those scripts don't seem to be available anywhere.  Additionally, it doesn't tell me what system to run the scripts on.

I suppose it might be meaning to burn an OS to an SD card, boot off the SD card, then run the scripts from a shell on that OS.  But, I saw no such scripts.  Otherwise it's unclear what to do.

It's simple enough to burn the OS to an SD card and boot off that, but I got this computer because of the built-in eMMC and want to install the OS there.

threads

credits

Administrator

credits
Published in 2017-11-14 14:42:06 | Show all floors
You could find this icon and set the language into English first.

This thread contains more resources

You need to Log in to download or view,No account?    Register

x

threads

credits

Novice

credits
 Author| Published in 2017-11-15 14:15:43 | Show all floors
Hurm... I didn't find screens that looked like what you showed.  I did eventually find a page for setting languages and set it to English.  But - I wasn't able to get WiFi to work, and now the Android is configured to start with the Launcher and it seems to be impossible to get into the Settings so I can try to enable WiFi ...

Bah...

Now, I want to install one of the Linux's because I've just evaporated my patience with Android.  Which gets me back to the second half of the question.  The manuals mention some scripts, but it's completely unclear where to get those scripts.

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-11-16 18:18:06 | Show all floors
reikiman replied at 2017-11-15 14:15
Hurm... I didn't find screens that looked like what you showed.  I did eventually find a page for se ...

1. enter ' netcfg' to check whether there is 'wlan0'

if there is, then 'up' it, the wifi will work

2. if there is no 'wlan0', we recommend: replug the antenna cable to check; or reburn the image

threads

credits

Registered member

credits
Published in 2017-11-16 18:19:24 | Show all floors
Irene replied at 2017-11-16 18:18
1. enter ' netcfg' to check whether there is 'wlan0'

if there is, then 'up' it, the wifi will wor ...

For the Wifi problem, there is a detail test for it on this post, you can download the PDF file, and refer to the Q1

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepi ... &extra=page%3D1
You need to log in before you can reply login | Register

Points Rule

Quick reply Top Return list